|After you are authorized
by DDS, you may retrieve motor vehicle reports from the Department
of Driver Services by following these instructions:
- Access the Department of Driver Services website at http://www.dds.ga.gov/business/index.aspx
and select "Motor Vehicle Reports" from the index.
- The main web page will appear outlining general information.
You can click on the "Sign-In" button.
- Enter your DDS assigned Customer ID that you received from DDS on your authorization notice and tab to the next field.
- Enter your DDS assigned User ID Number and
tab to the next field. Each "User ID" has been authorized by DDS for a single purpose (Insurance, Credit, Employment, Car Rental and LRI).
- Enter your Password and click on the "Submit"
- If your password is expired, you will be asked to update
your password. Enter in your current customer-id, user-id
- Enter in your new password. Your new password must be between
5 and 8 characters long. It must contain at least one letter
and one number. Only numbers and letters are permitted. You
cannot reuse an old password.
- Enter in your new password again for verification and click
on the "Submit" button.
- On the "Inquiry" screen, choose the number of years
needed for your report.
- Enter the first name and last name of the report
- Enter in the date of birth and driver license number or social security number.
- The "Comments" field can contain any notes that you
want to appear at the bottom of the MVR. This field is optional.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- If a record is found, it will appear on the next page. Georgia
Net will charge a fee per inquiry, whether or not a record is
- If you want to print the report use your browser's printing command. The print formatted Driver Record will then be
sent to your printer.
Each user is responsible for the unauthorized
use of any MVR information as described in the Application For Motor
Vehicles Record form.